Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice
11292137

i am going to work for a rival company in my trade, i have

i am going to work for a rival company in my trade, i have handed my notice in and it has been accepted and been worked as we speak by my current employer, can any action be taken against myself when i start my new company
is there anything in your employment contract which stops you working for another company within a period of time? If there is, can you please let me have the wording
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there is nothing stated inmy contract but the manageing director of my current company has said he will take me to court if i left for a rival company.

can this be done also my role is not of the same in my new company

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
If there is nothing in your contract restricting it, then the managing director is dreaming or an idiot.
It is difficult enough to enforce a restriction if it is documented without trying to enforce something which is not documented.
On these facts, you can join the new company with impunity and the managing director can do nothing about it.
You are also entitled to accrued holiday pay and repayment of any expenses you are due. If he tries to withhold either of those, don’t mess about, taking to the Small Claims Court.
Does that answer the question? Can I help further? Can I answer any specific points?
If you have not done already, please don't forget to positively rate my answer service even if it was not what you wanted to hear. You should now see a series of buttons which enable you to rate my answer service formally.
If you don't rate it positively, then the site keep your deposit and I get 0 for my time. It is imperative that you give my answer a positive rating.
It doesn’t give me, “a pat on the head”, “good boy” (like ebay), it is my livelihood!
If in ratings you feel that you expected more or it only helped a little, please ask.
The thread does remain open for me to answer follow-up questions after rating my answer service.