Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years experience

My company was taken over in April 2013, I understand they

My company was taken over in April 2013, I understand they intend to reduce my salary and they have started transferring my department's workload to a head office. Questions can they (1) reduce my salary and (2) make me redundant on the grounds that my job is no longer required?
Thank you for your question. They cannot reduce your salary without your agreement. You can refuse and if they simply cut it you can sue for he shortfall or claim constructive dismissal.

They can however make you redundant if they decide to transfer workload to another location and therefore do not need you at your current location - I assume the head office is not nearby so you could not transfer there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks for the response.

Head Office is about 200 miles away from my current offices. If they asked me to work there, what options would I have?

Is there any time limit after acquisition of a company before they can start centralising tasks and making redundancies?

if they took over the company ( as opposed to buying the business) then they can do it immediately. Of ot was a TUPE transfer then they cannot do it in connection with the transfer but sone months after is fine.

You do not have to take a job at head office it is too far away so you would be entitled to redundancy. You could take a job if it was offered. That would be up to you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you very much, much appreciated.

Good luck resolving this.