UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  solicitor
62162956

What format should my Unfair Dismissal Employment Tribunal

What format should my Unfair Dismissal Employment Tribunal remedy statement take and what should I include in it?

I would like my bonus, compensation for the way that my pay in lieu of notice was paid, i.e. in the last tax year and not in this as requested, and something for the distress and injury to feelings I have suffered as a consequence of being dismissed without warning during my notice period.

Should I also claim wages up to the date of the ET?

You should claim your wages up to the date of the ET claim hearing.

I suggest you use this online calculator to see what you should be claiming for and what details to insert in the schedule of loss for your unfair dismissal claim:

http://www.winstonsolicitors.co.uk/unfair_dismissal_calculator.html

The format of the schedule of loss appears in this document on the last 2 pages: http://www.winstonsolicitors.co.uk/unfair_dismissal_calculator.html

This will also be useful: http://etclaims.co.uk/tag/schedule-of-loss/

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. I've an idea what can be claimed at the ET, but I am unsure how to write the Remedy Letter to go to the ET and Respondent. I need to get it off this week as I'm away next. I could just write what I want in a way I think appropriate, but I'm not sure how much supporting detail to put. Do you have a sample Remedy Letter.

Once this goes off I may well ask you to consider representing me. I went to a local 'Employment Solicitor' in Newbury, but she was worse than useless and really put me off. She had not read my summary of the case, sent days earlier, or even knew my name. Not impressed.

See how you get on. Back later.

Clive Vare

I am afraid I do not have a sample remedy letter to hand but you should include details of what you are claiming and your loss of earnings which are continuing as a result of your unfair dismissal. You do not need to send supporting evidence at this stage and you should state that the amounts you set out are correct as of the date of your letter and may change later.

You should include the claim details (case number XXXXX names of parties).

There is no standard form of remedy letter as such.

This is a Q&A site and we are not allowed to represent customers. You may look for another solicitor using the Law Society find a solicitor search engine.

All the best

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you again for you reply.

One more thing. You say I do not need to send supporting evidence yet the letter from the ET says :

"The following shall be done:

The claimant shall set out in writing what remedy the Tribunal is being asked to award. The claimant shall send a copy to the respondent. The claim shall include any evidence and documentation supporting what is claimed and how it is calculated"

Should I send just my letter to the ET and respondent? And do I send any evidence? i.e. wage slip to the ET and respondent?

Again, thank you for your help. I'll add a bonus next time

No need to send in evidence at this stage but no harm if you do send it in.

Wage slip is already knwon to the respondent and the ET will not doubt you about your wages unless you "lie" and the respondent raises the issue.

All the best