Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

My question is about about permitted work when claiming ESA.

Customer Question

My question is about about 'permitted work' when claiming ESA. I currently claim approx
£100 per week. I understand I am able to earn £20 per week or £100 per week if it is overseen by local office without it effecting my claim. I am a draughtsperson and i may be offered a one off piece of work for one week for say £500. How would this impact the Employment and Support Allowance I am receiving.
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Wendy, and I’m a moderator for this Legal topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Tax, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,