Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I have an offer of a new job from a company that has announced

Customer Question

I have an offer of a new job from a company that has announced it is to be aquired. Within the employment contract offer there is a probation period of 90 days with 1 weeks notice. The acquisition will complete within the 90 days probation therefore my question is if after the acquisition completes and the two companies are brought together which results in redundancies, would I only legally be entitled to 1 weeks notice? My standard notice after the 90 days would be 3 months.
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 3 years ago.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. If you are still within the probationary period when the redundancy is announced and you are served with notice of redundancy then the shorter notice period would apply, which in your case would only be 1 week.

Ben Jones :

You will only be entitled to the longer notice period if you meet the necessary criteria, in this case having worked for the company for more than 90 days

Ben Jones :

Has this answered your query?

Ben Jones :

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating - your question will not close and I can continue providing further advice if necessary. Thank you