Jenny McKenzie
Jenny McKenzie,
Experience:  10 Years of experience in Employment Law and HR

Through single status my wages were to be dropped by £7000

Through single status my wages were to be dropped by £7000 per annum which does not come into force until April 2014 but what the HR have done with our wages is split showing what the new wage will be but making it up with S/S until April 2014. I went to my appeal against it as the points they gave me what not in line with the job I do, I then found out the job decription they based it on was wrong at the appeal they through it out saying it was the wrong job description and it would have to go back to my head of services who will make the decision on my salary which she is looking at in the meantime I think my wage slip should be shown as the wage I am on now and not split I have asked for this but told not until it is sorted but how can they do this when the wage is not for my job
what do you think?
Hello and welcome to Just Answer, does this make a difference to you overall pay at this stage?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No it does not reflect in my salary but why should my payslip be based on someone else's job.

I agree that it is nonsense that it should be based on someone elses job and that you should have to wait to the end of the evaluation process for this to be sorted out. I would suggest you submit a grievance to say that this is a simple administrative task for someone and it is important to you as you would like your correct job to be reflected on the wage slip.

Hopefully raising a grievance will concentrate the mind of your employer as there really is no good reason for them to refuse your request.

If you have any follow on questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would give positive feedback. Thank you and all the best.