Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

Hi I currently work as a Financial Accountant, I have a

Customer Question

I currently work as a Financial Accountant, I have a employee who was late for work and did not inform me of the time she will be in, her role is that of Accounts Payable Clerk. Her workspace is open planned. In her workspace area is a cabinet where cheques are kept. The cheques are kept via a latch and a lock. The lock is her private one that she uses to lock the cabinet. At no point was I ever given the key for the lock.

Several suppliers came in requesting their cheques, which were of an urgent nature so that works can be performed.

The latch was broken by the Maintenance Supervisor upon my request, the latch on the cabinet was repaired. The personal lock of the Accounts payable clerk was returned in good working order.

I am supported by case law for my actions
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 3 years ago.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What is your query in relation to this?

Ben Jones :

Helo can you please clarify your specific query in relation to your situation?