JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years experience as a solicitor.

I signed a COT 3 agreement last year that included a clause

I signed a COT 3 agreement last year that included a clause stating that I could not support or help any other employee to bring a claim or a complaint against my former employer. I did so because I didn't think this would be at all likely. However, I have been served a witness order to attend a Tribunal because I have relevant information relating to an ex-colleague's claim. Even though I have been ordered to appear as a witness, my former employers are threatening to sue me for the money they paid me plus damages if I do so. I now believe that the regulations covering COT3 agreements state that they must relate to the particular complaint or proceedings and that the can't cover future claims by other employees. Am I right?
You are correct and in any event you are not supporting or helping another employee to bring a claim. You are answering what is effectively a witness citation from a court of law and your former employer is interfering with that process which is a serious criminal offence.

If I were you I would write to the clerk of the Tribunal explaining the position and asking that your letter be placed before a Tribunal Judge. He will then deal with the employer and I doubt you will have anything to worry about.
JGM, Solicitor
Experience: 30 years experience as a solicitor.
I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The answer I received was very helpful and confirms my suspicions in relation to this matter. I will send the letter to the Clerk to the Tribunal as suggested. No further help needed at the moment,

You are very welcome and I hope that you get a successful outcome.

I suspect that your ex employers are about to regret their actions!