Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I was surprised to attend a "Fact Find" hearing to gain facts

Customer Question

I was surprised to attend a "Fact Find" hearing to gain facts about time off (one day mistakenly taken but not booked), and on my return I was off sick for a couple of days. I was duly suspended, and then signed off sick by my GP with severe stress and depression immediately due to various circumstances. The employer has received regular sick notes.
I offered my resignation on the 20th June, on the basis my reference would be clear as if they proposed any disciplinary action I wished it to be dropped on the basis I would leave.
I have today (27th June) received an email inviting me to a formal disciplinary hearing in July (just after I return if signed back - which is unlikely).
Can they do this?
I have offered resignation 1 week ago. This has not been responded to.
Serving to endeavour to discipline me will only damage my record and stop my new job (recently secured).
My GP and Counsellor detailed that the Bank was a major factor in my stress/depression.
Your advice is sought
Thank you
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying £3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.