Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

Im a Brit, long-term non-resident, worked in UK for a few

Customer Question

I'm a Brit, long-term non-resident, worked in UK for a few years, then travelled, finished up in France where I'm now retired. I receive a small part of my pension from UK.
It seems that during my long absence another peson may have used my NI no. If so, who is entitled to any accruing pension for the time that person worked, perhaps using my name etc. I sent to UK a list of my previous employers in GB, with dates, so should only be receiving what's due to me - but, supposing there were a mistake, what would be my legal position if I'm receiving some money resulting from A N Other's working? (The situation is too confused to explain more.)
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Wendy, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Tax, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,
Wendy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Wendy, thanks for stepping in. I really do need an answer - especially since having lived out of UK for so long I haven't followed changes in law etc. It's not urgent - obtaining the necessary information is a precaution.

Thank you for your efforts.

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, we will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Wendy
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello again,

We are still working with the professionals to find you the best possible match. I wanted to touch base to see if you still needed a professional’s assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely apologize for the extended wait time.

Thank you,
Wendy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I asked the question because I need the answer!!! If you don't have an expert with the necessary knowledge that's another matter ... let me know?

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you again for your patience, we will continue to look for a professional to assist you. We have a lot of professionals and we're not sure what knowledge they have, a lot of them specialize in different fields. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Wendy
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm sorry to say we have exhausted all our efforts at this time to find the right professional to assist you with your question.

While we were not able to assist you with this question, please keep in mind that JustAnswer has multiple categories, from Cars, Medical, Tax, and Computer to Home Improvement, to assist you with any question you may need answered.

Best,
Wendy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Wendy,

Thank you for all your efforts. Nonetheless I think your advertised claim of 100% satisfaction needs to be revised to perhaps a more honest 90%? Which would be a very good score anyway, in view of human fallibility. You state you have "experts" - which to me means people with much more knowledge than myself, and to date I'm not finding that to be so more than in 70% of the replies I've received - although I always credit your experts for replying.

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. To better serve you, I will forward your questions to Customer Service where a representative will contact you via email.