Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

I was involved in a car accident if feb 2011 and I was insured

Customer Question

I was involved in a car accident if feb 2011 and I was insured at the time of the accident. I have received a default cost certificate and they ask me to pay 10268 pounds. As far as I know they should send this letters to my insurer and not to me personally.
Any advise??
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects. Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me
while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to
advise you fully.

Unless I have all the facts that I need, my answer would not be accurate.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

At the time of the accident I was insured with AXA insurance. It was my fault and the lady put forward a personal injury claim. Yesterday I received home a court order from Birkenhead County Court stating a title "Default Cost Certificate" with a 10268 thousand pounds to be paid in 14 days. I believe this are court costs and are payable to Scott Ress&Co solicitors. This is all I know.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

Did your insurer pay the injury claim?

Have you spoken to your insurer about this?