Ben Jones
Ben Jones, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in UK Employment Law
29905560

Hi, I have recently been receiving threats from a previous

Customer Question

Hi, I have recently been receiving threats from a previous employer of a large company via. their 'Approved Supplier List', can you please advise if there is a case law against reviewing terms of a 'Compromise Agreements' where, the organisation instigating the contract is in breach of conditions.
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How have they breached the CA?

Customer:

Through providing a negative reference to an employment company.

Customer:

It would also seem that 'certain members' are attempting to contribute to the agreement which is, unfortunate. If I am correct in understanding the terms it should only apply to BAM Construct UK Limited.

Customer:

And, members of the that group directly.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Breaching a compromise agreement would potentially amount to a breach of contract which you entitle you, as the aggrieved party, to seek damages for any losses incurred as a result of that breach.

If the other party to the CA has breached it by providing a reference that is not in accordance with the terms of the CA then they could be sued by you for any losses incurred from that, which could include some compensation for not getting a job that you otherwise could have got had a proper reference been given.

You may also treat the whole CA as void and be potentially released from any restrictions it imposes on you, however at the same time you would be expected to pay back any money you have received under it.

As this is a purely contractual claim and all you can really seek is damages then you would need to make your claim in the county court.

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating. Your question will not close and I can continue providing further advice if necessary. Thank you
Ben Jones, Solicitor
Experience: Expert in UK Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay, secondly - a company called 'Signscape and Signconnex' offered me cigarettes, which I refused and then fired me.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
What is your question about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Well I appealed there decision. Should this be a county court judgement as well.

Initially, that means I am not aloud to talk to them now right!

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
please respond in the separate question which you just posted as I will deal with this there, thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So called swearing, apparently !

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
please respond in the other open threads you have as I am dealing with this there