Ben Jones
Ben Jones, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in UK Employment Law
29905560

Hi I worked with the same company for 8 years. 40 hours a

Hi I worked with the same company for 8 years.
40 hours a week and 20 days holiday
after two years I reduced my hours to a 32 hour week with 20 days holiday
I was never given a new contract and I have now been told that I should only get 17.5 days . there is not HR department and my new boss of 2 years has been making report on my time keeping and has gave me a verbal warning with I don't agree with the issues that he has raised. but his said there nothing I can do about it as I don't need to agree
. Is there any think I can do as I feel like im being bully into walking out with the all the checking and reporting that going on about be. I have never had any problem in the years before and previous job
Look forward to you reply

Elaine |Pigeon
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

Before proceeding please note that as I am a practising solicitor, I am often in and out of meetings, travelling between clients or even at court when I pick your question up. This may even occur at weekends. Therefore, I apologise in advance but there may be a delay in getting back to you and providing my advice. Please be patient and I will respond as soon as I can. You do not have to wait here and you will receive an email when I have responded. For now please let me know what you like to achieve?

Customer:

Look

Customer:

Hi Ben l

Customer:

Looks like I going to have to leave the job as

Customer:

sorry keep pressing return just want to know if they can change my holiday after 8 years, without warning, and what are my right to the bullying I feel is happening who do I complain to, how do I complain?

Ben Jones, Solicitor
Experience: Expert in UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience. So just to confirm you have received the 20 day allowance for the last 6 years or so and for that time you have worked 32 hours a week?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes always had 20 days, was attocated 20 at the beginning of this year and we have always been made to held 4 / 5 of those 20 days back for the Christmas period as the company closes. was never given a new contract stating new working hours, breaks/ holidays
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.