Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

i have worked in the civil service since 1999. i have been

Customer Question

i have worked in the civil service since 1999. i have been treated by my doctor with anti-depressants since september 2011. i was off work with depression from september to november 2011 and received a written warning. (received oral warning for 9 days sick leave in 2010). in march 2013 i was signed off work by my doctor for depression again and i have now been dismissed wef 6th june 2013 with 100% compensation under the civil service compensation scheme (to reflect my efforts to improve attendance) for unsatisfactory attendance. The only reasonable adjustments made have been to reduce my working hours, however after 3 years of asking for part year working as i am a single parent of 3boys andmy youngest son is in receipt of higher rate DLA as he is severely mentally impaired. Is this legal and how much compensation will be awarded from the internal scheme?
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,
Fran
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi,

i really need some advice so i am willing to wait.

Thank you

caroline xxxx

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Caroline,

I will be searching for a legal professional for you. Thanks for your patience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i thought i should mention that all my appraisals have been excellent in regards XXXXX XXXXX day to day work and i have a fantastic working relationship with the rest of my team, it just seems the team leader has taken a personal dislike to myself and simply wants me out. my attendance other than the sick leave is within the rules of flexi time within the department and not been of concern.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I have not received any kind of an answer and would like a refund of £22
Thank you