Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I have been a nurse for over 30 years and have had a very good

Customer Question

I have been a nurse for over 30 years and have had a very good career no problems. I am middle manager of two teams one 52 mile round trip. Both teams were cohesive and worked well. A girl joined a few years ago and things seemed to deteriorate. I received complaints about this girls performance and I had to act on them. I also received complaints from her that she felt she was being bullied by others. I did investigate but it was difficult to substantiate al her claims. Some of the complaints involved members of the public and were of a serious issue. There has been a harassment case going through with counter allegations etc. To my surprise I receive letter from employee relations saying that I was being investigated for Bullying and harassing her. I am totally shocked numb with grief. I had always tried to be supportive to all staff and probably I am more sinned against than sinner. My friends , good colleagues say I am too soft and that's what the problem was. I did try and follow protocol when dealing with this girl. I didn't feel the HR department where as rigorous in getting facilitation and dialogue for the whole team. We have to go down the formal rout. I am completely devastated.
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 3 years ago.

Ben Jones : Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.Before proceeding please note that as I am a practising solicitor, I am often in and out of meetings, travelling between clients or even at court when I pick your question up. This may even occur at weekends. Therefore, I apologise in advance but there may be a delay in getting back to you and providing my advice. Please be patient and I will respond as soon as I can. You do not have to wait here and you will receive an email when I have responded. For now please let me know how long you have worked there.
Ben Jones :

How long have you worked in this job for?

JACUSTOMER-wl468zxw- :

I am very disappointed in the level of service I wish to have a refund in my money. If not I am reporting you to trading standards.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 3 years ago.
I would be more than happy to provide advice if you actually answer my initial request for further information, which I have now asked you twice above
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have worked there seven years

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what information do you require?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ben I am sorry but I am unsure what information you require please. It seems we are not understanding each other

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 3 years ago.
I just needed to know how long you have worked there for, which you have now told me. What happened at the meeting today?