Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

I would like to enquire about performance management process..

Customer Question

I would like to enquire about performance management process.. I met with my line manager earlier this week thinking that it was a regular catch up to discus workload etc when I was told that I was not performing to the level that she expects from position. I was surprised to hear this as we just had our appraisal review 3 months ago and I had a positive performance review than the previous year. I had given two options to accept a compromise agreement or go through performance route. I feel like I being pushed to accept the compromise agreement as the other route could lead to dismissal with normal notice.
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 3 years ago.

Ben Jones : Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.Before proceeding please note that as I am a practising solicitor, I am often in and out of meetings, travelling between clients or even at court when I pick your question up. This may even occur at weekends. Therefore, I apologise in advance but there may be a delay in getting back to you and providing my advice. Please be patient and I will respond as soon as I can. You do not have to wait here and you will receive an email when I have responded. For now please let me know how long you have worked there.