Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

I work as a part time primary school teacher for 2 days a week.

Customer Question

I work as a part time primary school teacher for 2 days a week. I am on a variable hours contract with an upper limit of 3 days and a lower limit of 1 day. In September last year a colleague decided he wanted to drop half a day and I was asked to replace him. This was followed by a termly temporary contract for that portion of my work. The same colleague how now resigned and the head and governors wish to replace him with a full time permanent teacher. This means several things. Firstly, I will lose my extra half day. Secondly I have been discouraged from applying for the full time job. Thirdly it is a very small village school and within the next 2 to 3 years it is likely that there will need to be a redundancy. In addition, the class that the vacancy has arisen in has only 8 children. Where do I stand?
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 3 years ago.

Ben Jones : Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there for?
JACUSTOMER-gl10xoy4- :

5 years

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I’m Wendy, and I’m moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from another one of the professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, Tax, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,