Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

can my employer make me redundant whilst i am off sick?

Customer Question

Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 3 years ago.

Ben Jones : Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked the for?
JACUSTOMER-h71m8sf0- :

hello.5years and 3months

Ben Jones : It is certainly possible to make you redundant whilst you are off sick as long as the employer still follows a fair procedure. That would involve consulting with you, and as you are not at work, it would take the form of letters, calls or emails, rather than in person. But as long as they consult with you and offer you any suitable alternative employment that may exist, you may still be made redundant whilst off sick, that would not place the redundancy process on hold by itself
Ben Jones : I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating - your question will not close and I can continue providing further advice if necessary. Thank you