Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

Hi, I have worked as a Financial Controller for a small, successful

Customer Question

Hi, I have worked as a Financial Controller for a small, successful company for the last 5 1/2 years. My employer has notified me of a reduncancy consultation as our external accountants have approached him and say they can do my role for half of the money. We are making considerable profits, the letter even states that there is no need to save costs - just that it may be too good an offer to refuse. Can they do this if i can prove that there has been no reduction in my work since the day they took me on?
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 3 years ago.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Before proceeding please note that as I am a practising solicitor, I am often in and out of meetings, travelling between clients or even at court when I pick your question up. This may even occur at weekends. Therefore, I apologise in advance but there may be a delay in getting back to you and providing my advice. Please be patient and I will respond as soon as I can. You do not have to wait here and you will receive an email when I have responded. For now please let me know how long you have worked there in total.

JACUSTOMER-4w8tqor1- :

I commenced work in December 2007

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
I need an answer from someone that is online now, please