Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

I am under threat of redundancy two of us have to apply for

Customer Question

I am under threat of redundancy two of us have to apply for the same job. I had a date for an operation prior to notice- I have just got out of hospital and have been given a six week sick note by the hospital. My interview is Tuesday week.
I had put a formal complaint about my line manager prior to all of this and agreed to an ACAS meditation- this still hasn't happened six weeks later. I have to go to this interview with my line manager and he will have written my skills audit.
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 3 years ago.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Before proceeding please note that as I am a practising solicitor, I am often in and out of meetings, travelling between clients or even at court when I pick your question up. This may even occur at weekends. Therefore, I apologise in advance but there may be a delay in getting back to you and providing my advice. Please be patient and I will respond as soon as I can. You do not have to wait here and you will receive an email when I have responded. For now please let me know how long you have worked there.

JACUSTOMER-icxv5u3m- :

I have worked there for seven years- three of those in my new post as a curriculum manager.

Ben Jones :

Thanks for your patience, can you please clarify what your specific query in relation to this is?