Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I work for a fitness gym as a personal trainer on a zero hours

Customer Question

I work for a fitness gym as a personal trainer on a zero hours contract. Outside of work I have been doing online 'coaching' including diet advance and have also started a 'nightclub bootcamp' providing a bootcamp style exercise class. I have recently been called in for a disciplinary investigation and an waiting the outcome for competing against my employer. I don't believe that I have been competing on the basis that they don't offer online coaching, and furthermore any style of bootcamp class either. They are saying that any 'outside gym' fitness work is considered competing no matter what it is. I'm about to go into the final meeting and am expecting a warning. I have more than 12 months service (November 2011) and no previous disciplinary issues. Can the restrictive covenants be so wide ranging even though I am on a zero hour contract with absolutely nothing guaranteed in terms of income?
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 3 years ago.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. For now please clarify how long you have worked there.

Customer:

Since November 2011

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Relist: Other. Zero Hours Contract with Restrictive Covenants. Received question but nothing further in chat and then expert went offline

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Wendy