Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.

I think i got scam i went on the use military web site and

Customer Question

I think i got scam i went on the use military web site and i got LTG James terry wanted to date me. And he said he wants to come and see me upon his return from afghanistan. He share his birth date, the use12 of Sept 1952. two children and that he is divorce. I want to know if it is genuine or not.
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Have you been asked to transfer money to him by any chance?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no just wanted me to love him
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
I know this isn’t going to be the answer you want to hear, and it’s certainly not what I want to tell you. However, I wish to be completely honest with you, so I feel obligated to not give you false hope.

It is likely that this is a scam I'm afraid.

The military scam is very well known at the moment. Usually they ask you to transfer money to them in order to secure their release from the Army. If that hasn't happened at this stage then thats likely to be a good sign.

However, the chances that this is genuine are unfortunately low. The US Army have specifically warned people about this although the UK has not yet followed their example that I know of.

I am sorry but you should certainly not transfer money to him if asked.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.