Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

Hey, Ive incurred 22 days sick of which 16 are covered by

Customer Question

Hey,
I've incurred 22 days sick of which 16 are covered by a doctors' note as is not normal sickness ie.Headache,belly ache etc .The factor on a rolling year incurred is 352 Bradford points of which has led the company not paying me 10 days.The last absence of 4 days was incurred while I went home 2 hours in the shift but they put it down as a day.
I've had no warnings or discipline on sickness, just a warning letter explainining as said.
The last absence of 4 days was incurred while I went home 2 hours in the shift but they put it down as a day.
Do I have a case?
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 3 years ago.

Ben Jones : Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Do you have a specific policy that deals with this and says the employer can do what they have done?
JACUSTOMER-m3r7e43b- : they say is inline with company sickness policy
Ben Jones : Have you checked it to see if that is indeed the case?
JACUSTOMER-m3r7e43b- : The question is why are they ignoring the Doctors' note as that is what has propelled me to this?
JACUSTOMER-m3r7e43b- : It's inconclusive as they don't mention it just sick days paid which I fall in per the policy but they seem to be running both at the same time hence,chose to punish me with Bradford.As per the norm Am still entitled to sick pay ????????????
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Wendy