Ben Jones
Ben Jones, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in UK Employment Law
29905560

My employer has set a number of forthcoming mandatory training

Customer Question

My employer has set a number of forthcoming mandatory training days with an external supplier who specialises is sales performance improvement.

We have used this provider previous and they made a number of false and misleading statements about me, to my employer. Due to this, the trust and confidence between me and them has broken down. I made my employer aware of this and told them I would be very uncomfortable ever using the company again.

I have also leaned the forthcoming training will be filmed and I have advised my employer that: A) I do not want to attend the training because the trust and confidence has broken down and
B) That I do not provide my consent to being filmed and that being filmed or being required to use this provider, would make me feel extremely uncomfortable and cause me distress.

How can I legally refuse to participate and avoided potential disciplinary?
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Ben Jones : Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. For now please let me know how long you have worked there.
Customer : 4 years
Customer : excellent track record/perforfence.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you but this i know. What im looking to establish is the position regarding the fact i have informed my employer that i do not provide my consent to be video recorded. Where do i stand on this?

Im aware of the rules regarding processing data but in this case its the capture.

How would the dda or hra apply?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if my employer disregard my wishes?

Is there also a potential harassment element? Ie, I have made the employer aware that the misleading comments made caused me distress. I feel harassed by it. To force me to engage would exsassabate this for me. The employer has a duty of car ?

The prospect of being vedio recoded also causes me distress and makes me feel extremely uncomfortable.

Would this have merit and how could I best set this out?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!