Ben Jones
Ben Jones, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in UK Employment Law
29905560

hi, I worked at hale grill restaurant in hale 6 months,then

hi, I worked at hale grill restaurant in hale 6 months,then i asked to transfer to grill on the alley restaurant in Manchester city center 2 months ago same company.today i lost my job.when i worked in Hale i got 2 times from service scan costumers 100 points,good costumer reviews.in city center restaurant,i was the best seller person,and good reviews from costumers,no complains about my serving.last 2 months in city center,they always tried find out my mistakes,then today they gave me written notice and meeting, i lost my job because of i was telling all staff i wanted to leave that job, second reason i was doing so much mistakes for order.i told general manager all of them is lie, but he didn't want to believe me,he said he ll pay me next week as well.im thinking,its not fair.i believe i lost my job because i am the only foreign ,all servers are English.can i do any legal action for this problem?
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to be able to assist with your question today. Please let me know how long did you work for this company?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

only 8 months, i feel as racist

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
do you have any evidence that the dismissal may have been because of your nationality?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i have no evidence,there is 12 servers,i was turkish, 1 finland ,rest english.they have no evidence either i was not good enough for them.I wish i have something,then i ll go to court.i was earning around 2000 pound a month.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
If you have been continuously employed at your place of work for less than 2 years then your employment rights will be somewhat limited. Most importantly, you will not be protected against unfair dismissal. This means that your employer can dismiss you for more or less any reason, as long as their decision is not based on discriminatory grounds (i.e. because of gender, race, religion, age, a disability, sexual orientation, etc.) or because you were trying to assert any of your statutory rights (e.g. requesting maternity/paternity leave, etc.). In the event that the reason for dismissal fell within these categories, then the dismissal will either be automatically unfair, or there will be a potential discrimination claim.

If the actual reason for your dismissal was your nationality then that can certainly amount to race discrimination. The issue is that you cannot just claim that without providing at least some evidence to show that was the likely cause. Without this you are likely to struggle to show you have a valid claim.

If you wanted to pursue this then you can make a claim for discrimination in the employment tribunal within 3 months of your dismissal.

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating. Your question will not close and I can continue providing further advice if necessary. Thank you
Ben Jones, Solicitor
Experience: Expert in UK Employment Law