UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  solicitor

i accepted a wage reduction from my boss , i was on £576 a

i accepted a wage reduction from my boss , i was on £576 a week and my boss told that my wage has to go down to £450 a week which i kind of agreed but never signed anything , i got my wage 2days ago and its not even what he suggested £450 its even lower £426 a week , whats my position ? what should i do ?

Since you agreed to the wage reduction to £450, you are bound by it, even if there is nothing in writing, agreements can be oral.

As you have been paid less than what was agreed, it is breach of contract by your employer and you can ask them for the difference to be paid to you, if they do not do so, you can file court proceedings or complain to an employment tribunal.

Hope this helps