UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  solicitor

i have been working with my company since July 2011 and am

i have been working with my company since July 2011 and am being moved to a nother company in the group with a different name. The new contract states that under the new contract my commencment date is July 2011, but the date of commencement/continuous service states no other employment counts as continuous service for employment satutaory purposes. As i am nearing 2 yrs service i dont wish to start again. HR have sent an e-mail stating your start date with the old conpany remains the same and is unaffected is this enough for me to sign the new contract?

The new contract acknowledges that your commencement date is July 2011 so you should not worry, be that as it may, your commencement date with the group would be factual anyway i.e. July 2011.

Hope this helps