UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  solicitor

I work as a nurse and have been at my work place for past 20

I work as a nurse and have been at my work place for past 20 years. i unintentionally put down hours not worked on my rota. due to having lot of problems at home and going through menapouse. I agree i have made an error and am willing to pay back the monies, is this going to be gross misconduct?

It would depend on your employer's policy, if this was a one off incident, they may let you off lightly, otherwise they may see it as gross misconduct even if it is a one off incident as such actions are fraudulent and criminal in the eyes of the law under the Fraud Act 2006.

If however you genuinely made a mistake, it would not be a crime as such as you did not have the intentions to commit the crime.

Hope this helps-please leave feedback