UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  solicitor
62162956

My employer has had me on a retainer of 75% of salary for last

My employer has had me on a retainer of 75% of salary for last 3mths due to competition clause in previous employers contract, as they did not wish to lose me.
In January they wished to second me to another company to work, but during this period I was snowed in and then broke my coccyx.
I have never received a secondment agreement for the other company (no relation with the company I am employed by).
They are now asking my to provide sick lines for the period since I broke my coccyx - whilst this is not an issue, why should be record be marked as periods of sickness when I was "on garden leave" at their request during this period.
I have had several offers of new roles with other companies which I have not accepted as I was waiting on a written copy of the agreement with them further to our meeting on 21.12.12, but this was only received 27.02.13.

What is your query please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do I need to provide "sick lines" when I was on a retainer from the company and at home not working at employers request?

No, you do not need to if you don't want to legally, but you may do so to keep good relationships.

All the best. Please leave feedback