UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  solicitor

Hi. I need someone advice Please. I working in cleaning company

Hi. I need someone advice Please. I working in cleaning company for 6 years now. i did one holiday cover at one house cleaning. just for one day. after my work there 3 days latter owners called my manager and said that they missing gold Rolex watch worth 12 000£ from drawer and they said that i was only person at this house. so i was called to office and my boss said that if i dont put watch back i will be suspended from work. but i didnt take it. i couldnt prove. After one week when regular cleaner come back they find watch in other drawer. so likely all ended with mistake. And i was blamed for stealing what i not done. Can i get any compensation for this and should i do this? Many thanks

I am sorry to hear this.

Unfortunately, you have no automatic right to compensation I am afraid. You would need to take the owners of the watch to court and claim damages from them for defamation, such actions are costly and time consuming.

The best thing would be to seek an apology from the owners and see if they are willing to offer any compensation for damaging your reputation. If they do not do so, your only resort would be to the courts.

Hope this helps. Please leave feedback