UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  solicitor

After Croatia joins the EU on July 1st, as a Croatian national

After Croatia joins the EU on July 1st, as a Croatian national in the UK, I would like to be able to exercise my 'treaty rights' to declare as self-sufficient/self-employed.

In order to register a company in the UK, as a newcomer I am required to obtain a National Insurance number, but the process seems like a vicious circle. I can't do work without NIno and HMRC, but I can't obtain NIno without proof of work.

What is the best way to successfully give proof of work and get a National Insurance number if I am only just setting up as self-employed EEA national and starting work?

Thank you

You do not require a NINO to register a company.

You will need to prove your identity e.g. passport and with your limited company registration and any invoices, contracts, you should not have problems obtaining a NINO.

Hope this helps. Please leave feedback