UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  solicitor

I have just been sacked for supposed miss conduct becuse I

I have just been sacked for supposed miss conduct becuse I was ill I had no wittness with me and no prior warning to what was happening is
this leagle I have not even been told about the right off appeal

How long were you employed for before being sacked?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was with them for 9 months

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was with them nine months

Thank you.

I am afraid that as you have only worked for 9 months, you are not protected from unfair dismissal. Therefore you have no remedy against being unfairly dismissed and not given any appeal rights.

I assume you were given notice of termination as per your employment contract or that you were dismissed instantly if your alleged misconduct was serious enough to warrant summary dismissal.

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: solicitor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I was given no warning at all I was just told to go in at 10 am

Hi there even if you were there for only 9 months you'll still be entitled to receive any notice period that you were due to receive under your employment contract. That's unless you were sacked for gross misconduct. You did say you've been sacked for alleged misconduct but you didn't say if it was gross misconduct. If it was for GM then you won't be eligible to receive any notice and as you haven't worked there long enough you can't claim anything against the dismissal. However, if you weren't sacked for GM then you would've been eligible to receive your notice period. Did your employment contract contain a notice clause? If it did then you should have received that notice period. If it didn't then you should've still received the minimum notice period of 1 week. If you didn't receive the notice you were due to receive you can claim wrongful dismissal in the employment tribunal. On top of everything else you're also entitled to be paid for holidays which you'd accrued before being sacked. Good luck