UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  solicitor

I was wondering how Dispute Resolution has changed (construc

I was wondering how Dispute Resolution has changed in the last 20 years in the construction industry, what are companies using and why? has it gone from ADR back to courts etc

Thank you

Ben Jones :

Hello and thank you for your question, which I will be happy to assist you with. Please let me know what your dispute is?

Hello, This is just for general information. I was hoping to catch up on information as I have been out of the country for quite a few years. If I could get general information on my question and what case law or legislation has come to pass. T

Thank you

Ben Jones :

I have looked into your query but do not think I have the answer to your question so will opt out and let other experts take this further if they can. Someone should respond shortly. Please do not reply in the meantime as that will just assign the question back to me and you will experience a delay. Thanks

These days, most construction industry disputes are resolved through adjudication or alternative dispute resolution, litigation in the courts does occur but is not as popular.

Adjudication and ADR are more quicker, flexible and arguably cheaper than litigation. The RICS Offers a dispute resolution service which is quite popular, in fact it is touted as the world's Largest provider of dispute resolution service in the Construction and property industries, further information here:

Hope this helps. Please leave feedback

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your answer.

Is there any new legislation or case law which has changed dispute resolution?

The Arbitration Act 1996 still applies.

The civil procedure rules have also been updated to encourage ADR at an early stage rather than litigation, this may be of interest:

Please leave feedback
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: solicitor