Awan-Legal, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert

Hello I was wondering if someone can help me please? I feel

Hello I was wondering if someone can help me please? I feel I was forced to hand in my resignation last Thursday at a job I had been at for over 5 years.

Awan-Legal :

Awan-Legal :

How do you feel you were forced?

Awan-Legal :

if the employer has acted unreasonably in making you resign then you can potentially claim constructive dismissal as follows:

Awan-Legal :

Constructive dismissal

Constructive dismissal is when you’re forced to leave your job against your will because of your employer’s conduct.

The reasons you leave your job must be serious, for example, they:

• don’t pay you or suddenly demote you for no reason

• force you to accept unreasonable changes to how you work - eg tell you to work night shifts when your contract is only for day work

• let other employees harass or bully you

Your employer’s breach of contract may be one serious incident or a series of incidents that are serious when taken together.

Awan-Legal :

These type of cases can be very difficult as you must prove that the employer's behaviour has been so terrible that you had no choice but to resign.

Awan-Legal :

You should contact a local solicitor for advice and potential representation in assisting you with an employment claim against your employer.

Awan-Legal :

Please click ok or higher on the ratings and let me know if I can assist any further.

Hi thanks for the answer. In May I complained about an unfair workload compaired to other members of my team. After this time, I have been set unfair goals, when I asked for regular meetings in order to meet these, the meetings were set in place but my boss never once attended. I was excluded from meetings that involved me and when this was discussed with my HR department they advised there was nothing they could do. The final thing was a comment made by my supervisor in front of a male colleague the discriminated against my appearance. Prior to handing in my notice I spoke with my HR Department who again advised there was nothing they could do and my notice was accepted with my leaving date at the end of the year. The next day after lunch, I was asked to leave without saying goodbyes and escorted off site implying I had warranted instant dismissal when all I hand done was handed in my notice. Since I have left I have been made aware that there was a grievance proceedure and if I was aware of this I would have gone down this route but this was not explained at the time. Should this have been explained and can I now put in a grievance as technically I'm still employed to the end of the year?