UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  solicitor

Is your personal file at work personal information subject

Is your personal file at work personal information subject to DPA? What happens if you discover documents in your file unverified by you such as minutes which have comments you do not agree with and you were unaware of its existance?

Yes, it is covered by the DPA and you may raise queries about the contents.

All the best
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: solicitor
Hi there not all the contents of a personnel file will be protected under the DPA. Some contents will be but there'll be some exemptions. As an example these could be "confidential personnel references, data held for the purposes of management planning, data about negotiations with an employee and documents protected by legal professional privileges including any legal advice." Take a look here for more info:
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The documents discovered were unverified minutes relating to meetings about performance/ stress related issues. The documents caused me distress and were not factual. Do I have the right to get these removed as I only discovered them on request to see my file for purposes of grievance.

Hi there you may try and ask for their removal through raising a grievance but actually invoking the data protection act to remove them won't be easy as you can't enforce it as such and need to rely on the information commissioner to do so which I doubt they'll do in this case as it's only a small matter for them