Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I am interested in employment opportunities in the UK in Fashion

I am interested in employment opportunities in the UK in Fashion Design. What is the best way to find companies that offer sponsorship visas?
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

There really is no magic bullet for this.

There is no sublist of fashion employers who are licensed to sponsor Tier 2 Sponsored Skilled Workers I'm afraid. There is only a current list of Tier 2 Sponsors:-

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/employersandsponsors/pointsbasedsystem/pbsregisterofsponsors

You will have to come up with a list of fashion companies that you wish to be employed by and see if they are on the list of sponsors.

I cannot see that there are any fashion roles on the Jobs In Shortage Occupation list relating to fashion, so your employer (whether they are licensed or not) will have to apply the Resident Labour Market test to show that there are no existing members of the domestic work force that can fill the vacancy at the rate of salary offered.

I would focus on getting past the first stage of the recruitment process with potential employers and then ask them whether they can apply to become a licensed sponsor for you for Tier 2 purposes.

Enter "fashion recruitment UK" in to google to get a list of the biggest recruitment consultants dealing with fashion employment and submit your CV. They will review and you can then tell them your further requirements

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Tom,

I am not at all familiar with the processes involved, so thank you for your reply and suggestions!

Best regards,

Jaime