Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

i was forced out of a job that i loved, and had been there

i was forced out of a job that i loved, and had been there for a few years, i was working a large well known diy chain. the reason i left was due to the sexual innuendos and comments often made to me during working hours by a member of management. it made me depressed and not wanting to go to work. i have been gone from the company for over 3 years now and have recently found out that the manager involved has now been made redundant an no longer works there. would i have a case for constructive dismissal or sexual harassment. also, how would i go about bringing such a case, and would be against him or the company ?

When did you hand in your notice and when did it expire?

Kind regards

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i gave in my notice in november 2006 and it was accepted and my employment terminated with the company in december 2007

Thanks for your reply.

I'm afraid here are very strict time limits to bring an employment claim of this kind. You would have had to have made an application within 3 months of dismissal. This time limit is adhered to almost without exception.

Sorry it couldn't be better news, it must be frustrating. Please kindly click accept so that I am rewarded for my time.

Kind regards,