Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Electronics technician for install, troubleshooting, and repairs.
59725966

HDM13 service Perth, Where can you get a HMD13 Humax

Customer Question

HDM13 service Perth
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: Where can you get a HMD13 Humax recorder serviced?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The hand control won't work. Renewed batteries.. no response.. renewed fresh batteries again.. still won't respond. IS it the hand control could it be the machine
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there a service place in Perth>
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Lets try a quick test of the factory remote. Take the remote into a dim/dark room, and look at the infrared emitter at the front edge of the remote, as viewed through the DISPLAY (not the viewfinder) of a digital camera. A cell phone cam, web cam, security camera, etc will also work. Each time you press a button on the remote, you should see the emitter at the front light up, flash, or glow slightly. If you do, then the remote is functional. If you do not, then the remote is bad and would need to be replaced.

Let me know and I'll advise on options from there.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The red button o the left goes on red when pressing any button but the hand controller isn't turning anything on. Batteries have been renewed.
It happened suddenly. I think we have had the machine with good service for 5 years but suddenly it won't work. IS there a server in Perth who could service both the recorder and the hand control?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

I'm not worried so much about the red light on top, that can work even if the internals do not, so that is why we really need to complete the specific test I mentioned.

A bad remote can be replaced. The main unit cannot be serviced economically, it would cost more to fix than to buy a new one.

That is why the test is necessary so we can address the proper issue.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.
Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.