Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices

I wanted to change the time. I read I had to do factory

Customer Question

I wanted to change the time. I read I had to do factory default and change to my new location.
I did factory default reset twice and searched, saved channels.
Now time no longer displays when I have PVR off, whereas it always did previously.How do I fix this as I want the clock display back
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: UK Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 25 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please the make and model of the device?

Thank you

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Humax Model HMS1000T.
Expert:  Richard replied 24 days ago.

apart from the time not showing, is the device still functioning?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
it is all working as normal. Videoing programmes is fine and watching also good. As normal able to video several at once while watching another. All appears fine except the time no longer showing after I did factory default.
I tried this solely because I moved states and wanted to change the time because I am now in daylight saving.
There is nowhere in the settings to alter the time, poor software if you ask me.
Expert:  Richard replied 24 days ago.

The clock is done automatically over the internet. Is the recorder connected to the internet?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
No not at this time. As I am inAustralia and it is early morning I will try and connect it this morning, even though I really don't want it connected. I will try and connect it but would want to disconnect again later if it resets the clock. I am staying with relatives until I secure my own place, hence not my connection. I am in a wheelchair so that is a little difficult.
I will try all this and let you know the outcome.
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I successfully connected to the internet.
I then tried the factory reset again.
Wizard is just sitting there with this message? "Resolution not supported. Change the resolution of the external device."
God only knows what that means.
Now it is frozen and it won't respond to home, ok or any other key.
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I connected again after turning it all off. It said there was a software update so I did that. I then did wizard to locate channels.
The time has always been ok on the TVs screen but does not make it appear on the Humax like it used to.
The update has made no difference. It still does not show the time when everything is in standby mode.
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
The reason I used the time on the Humax was it was the only clock in the room. At night when nothing was on I could check the time by looking at the Humax device without moving from my bed. Now I don't have that showing on the device. It is a pain to search for a iPhone in the night to know what time it is.
Expert:  Richard replied 23 days ago.

It is the internal memory that's faulting and it is causing issues with the firmware, it is the only cause left for this and probably why it froze. But there is no way to turn off the clock or even change the time, it is always on and auto updates over the internet.

I am really sorry but for this problem you will need to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired and the replacement will be done at no cost. If the warranty has expired, a repair is not possible, it would cost more then the value of the recorder.

I am really sorry about this and if you would like any additional information please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can please perform a rating via one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you