Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Repairing devices of UK and European make for over 20 years.
13568747

I have a SAM4s er-380m till that have not been used since at

Customer Question

Hi I have a SAM4s er-380m till that have not been used since at least 2008 and is stuck in closed mode for all sections. I have tried an initial clear and a full ram clear and it is still stuck in in closed mode. when I try and sign a clerk on it comes up with a time error. I have not seen any error codes
Any ideas?
Category: UK Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I suggest that you leave the Sam4s register plugged in for at least 6 hours before you try using it again.Leaving it Off, and unplugged, might mean that the internal time setting is invalid because the internal battery has discharged after a few weeks of being unplugged. So, just leaving it plugged in for 6 hours will re-charge that internal battery... and perhaps straighten out the invalid time entry.
Also, a thought: leaving it to recharge *and* trying to set the time (/date), might help.)