Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience of installing, troubleshooting, and manufacturing and repair of electronics.
30970729

Joe I would like to connect LG TV with sky box downstairs

Customer Question

Hello Joe I would like to connect LG TV with sky box downstairs through magic eye help
Category: UK Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Shashi,To connect to the the Sky Box through Magic Eye, on the rear of your Sky digital receiver there is an aerial input, an aerial output (for connection to your TV) and an extra output on the back for connection to a second TV set. This second connection is named the RF2 Out.Once setup via the Skybox Menu, this RF2 output will send a 9volt supply to power and control your Magic Eye - have you set this up in the Skybox menu yet?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Once this is done, connect one end of the cable into the RF2 Output on the back of the Sky box and the other end to the Magic Eye which in turn plugs into the aerial connection of the secondary TV.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Now all you have to do is tune your secondary TV in to the correct analogue channel and use a Sky remote that is the same as your Sky box (Standard, Sky+ or Sky HD) to have control over the sky box from the second room.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete
I wanted to know how to tune my upstairs tv with sky box, which was working before but somehow it doesn't seem to be tuned now. With sky remote I am unable to do anything.
Sky is work in with magic eye downstairs TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You can ring me on mobile number *********** wait to hear from you.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Ok, it was working and suddenly stopped - did anything change?Are you sure you are using the correct analogue station?Have you checked all of the wiring and connections?Could you try connecting a TV closer to the box with a short cable and see if it picks it up ok?