Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Im in London my partner is in Bristol with her elderly mother

Customer Question

Hi Im in London my partner is in Bristol with her elderly mother Who hasa Sharp tv Mod No. LC-26AD5E she is getting a "Status Data Base Empty" it has been fixed before "By a neighbour over the road but hes out Can you help please ?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Technician should be aware of?
Customer: TY :)
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Generally that message on the TV indicates that either the TV's "Input" has been changed, or the cable/SAT box has locked up and needs to be rebooted. Please unplug the Cable/SAT box from power and shut the TV off. Disconnect and reconnect the AV cable(s) between them on both ends- making sure it is secure (this would be the component video, Scart, AV or HDMI cables that send the signal from the box to the TV). Plug the Cable/SAT box power cord back into the outlet and once it's rebooted turn the TV on, and use the INPUT button on the original TV remote to select the correct Input (HDMI, component video, etc.). Let me know what happens. Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.