Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?
63817454

I just sold a UK Korg synthesizer module manufactured back

Customer Question

Hi I just sold a UK Korg synthesizer module manufactured back circ 1989-90 which is 100V power supply (11w power consumption) to a chap in the Netherlands. It was working fine here before I sent it, however he has contacted me to say it does not power up! He first cut the UK plug off and fitted a Euro one without a fuse and advises it doesn't work and is chasing for a refund. Having advised it was working ok in my studio for years and he should have used a power adapter. Can you shed any light on using UK electrical appliances in the Netherlands please.
Many thanks
Andrew
Category: UK Electronics
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. There are a lot of plugs over there, that's the sole reason for the adapters. Your power is 220-240, while the Netherlands is 220-224vac. It may not be enough power to get the keyboard working, or he spliced the wrong phase. Either way, he should have used an adapter, you are correct. He damaged the cord, and it shouldn't be refunded.