Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Electronics technician for install, troubleshooting, and repairs.
59725966

How to reset our Grundig GLCD1906HDV flat screen to receive

Customer Question

how to reset our Grundig GLCD1906HDV flat screen to receive new free to air channels?
Category: UK Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. This is not a matter of resetting. No reset or other setting/adjustment will help in this case.Unfortunately this will not be possible as your tvs internal tuner is not compatible wiith the new stations, which use a special type of mpeg4 compression, which is a relatively new broadcast format. While it could pick up the station, it is not compatible with the mpeg4 compression used on these new channels. It cannot be upgraded, updated, or changed. This is a 2008 model, so the manufacturer ended all support for it many years ago and would not be releasing any future firmware updates for it.Other than replacing the tv, your next best option would be to hook up an external tuner instead. You can pick one up for $50 or less at dick smith, harvey norman, etc.Example: https://www.jbhifi.com.au/tv-home-entertainment/players-recorders/teac/teac-hdb850-hd-set-top-box/87484/ Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan --Please note:I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Do you need more help with this, Josephine?