teccar, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience in various electronic repairs ,design,installation

Toshiba tv 40bv700b won't turn on. White light on front flames

Customer Question

Toshiba tv 40bv700b won't turn on. White light on front flames for a while, and the stops. I've tried pulling out power for a while, but no change
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: White light on front flashes for a while, then stops flashing. Earlier in week it eventually
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electronics Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Electronics
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Earlier in week the TV eventually would come on, but not at all anymore
Expert:  teccar replied 6 months ago.
Hi , I`m JackPerhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK. Great
Expert:  teccar replied 6 months ago.
You said " White light on front flashes for a while, then stops flashing "What happens then , does it go out or stays on as if the tv was turned on ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
White light stays on, but this is the standby light. Light goes off when TV on
Expert:  teccar replied 6 months ago.
O.k then thanks for that precision , some models do the opposite So this means its shutting down .I see that you tried pulling out the power for a while which is really the only reset that could be performed in a case like this.I also see that this came up gradually when it acted up this week .All this points to a defective power board on this 5 years old tv although the main board is not to be discounted and the only way to be 100% certain of either would be with a voltmeter although I give this an 80% chance of a defective power board .Did you wish to look into this yourself or simply would like to have an idea of what is involved and the costs of repair ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm in UK, so no point in you assessing cost of repair
Expert:  teccar replied 6 months ago.
The power board for this model cost around 25 pounds by the way , that I can tell you and you are correct , I do not know what repair shops charge in the UK but it cannot be all that different and to replace that board at home would be some 150 to $200
Expert:  teccar replied 6 months ago.
If you were to take it to the shop yourself you could expect some $50 less
Expert:  teccar replied 6 months ago.
This is your power board part # ***** - V.1You can use that if you`d like to do your own shopping.Sorry there is nothing easier or some sort of reset but If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.