Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience of installing, troubleshooting, and manufacturing and repair of electronics.
30970729

I have a & O TV. As of today I can not get the satellite

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have a B & O TV. As of today I can not get the satellite function to work to turn on the tv. DVD, radio, TV etc all work just the SAT button on neither the unit or the remote will work. TV comes up( snowy screen as we are all digital now), when I press the TV/SAT button it will not go to SAT nor will the remote. Any ideas?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Our other tv works so the satellite is clearly ok. All other functions on the tv work so the remote works just not the SAT button. I have turned everything off and on again and still no joy. Do you have any other tricks I can try?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electronics Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Electronics
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can you help me now. btw I was charge $30 not $18?
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi Jos,

The satellite signal may not be detected by the TV - check that the cable is securely attached to the TV.

Remove it and re-attach it firmly again.

Check for any signs of damage to the cable.

Let me know what you find...

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have tried this and it has not made any difference I'm afraid. Any more ideas please?
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

If that did not work then the satellite tuner within the TV is suspect.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok what do I need to do to check this out please?
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

A replacement satellite tuner will need to be fitted - this type of repair is normally carried out at a specialist TV repair shop.