Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

Pioneer PDP lx508d. Tv. Just moved house and it just isn't

Customer Question

Pioneer PDP lx508d. Tv. Just moved house and it just isn't powering up. No standby light, nothing. Any suggestions?
Category: UK Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Just tried that Richard....still no joy.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

ok, just to be sure Barry, have you confirmed the power socket is functioning that your connecting to?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yep, socket and cable checked on one of our other TVs
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Thanks Barry

It is the internal powerboard that has faulted. This is why no power is getting to the TV

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's out of warranty. Isn't there an internal fuse in the tv that might have gone??
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

No, its the power board, but its about $150 - $200 to get repaired including Labor Barry, but note they will only give a limited warranty, so once you receive an offer on the repair, evaluate this against getting a replacement TV.

Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Just feeling a little disappointed that I've paid £21 to find out something I already knew :( Not your fault, but leaves a bitter taste.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

I understand Barry, but I can only tell you the reality of the situation sorry, and what needs to be done to fix it. Its the service you paid for which I delivered to you.

And I am happy to answer any other questions you have though.

Please note you already paid the deposit, I am only credited a part when you give me a positive rating.