Anthony InfoTech
Anthony InfoTech, Technician
Experience:  Audio Visual Technician
18621325

My tv isnt turning on, standby light is on but when i try to

Customer Question

my tv isnt turning on
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: standby light is on but when i try to turn the tv on it tries to turn on the just goes back onto the standby
JA: Is there anything else the Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no i dont think so
JA: Our top Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: UK Electronics
Expert:  Anthony InfoTech replied 8 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

I will need the model number please found on the back of the set?

Thank You

Anthony

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
LCDX42WHD91

Have you re-booted the set?unplugged from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again?this should be the first move to do

Let me know the results of that please

Anthony

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ive tried that several times and just flashing standby button then just going back to standby

OK there is a problem with the main-board it will likely need to be replaced (after some visual checks of the power-board) do you think you can do this work yourself?I will provide you with all the relevant info to replace the board (if necessary)just to add and clarify this is a plug in board no soldering.....

Let me know please

Sorry its nothing easier

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post, note the question remains open ALWAYS

Many Thanks

Anthony

You may think this is a daunting task but its really quite easy if you can use small tools if not then you will need a engineer to do this incidentally how old is the set please?

Anthony

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post, note the question remains open ALWAYS.

Many Thanks

Anthony

If you have any further questions let me know thank you

Anthonyi