green-owl
green-owl, Engineer
Experience:  16 years, include works in aluminium plant, industrial machinery, military weapons, programming
14666028

My new lg tv (not a smart tv) is connected to sky by hdmi,

Customer Question

my new lg tv (not a smart tv) is connected to sky by hdmi, but when I try to auto tune to satelite astra 28.2e it finds nothing, address Llanelli, SA148SJ
Category: UK Electronics
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The sky box is connected by coax from the dish, then the hdmi directly from the sky box into the new tv. There is only 1 hdmi socket on both devices.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 12 months ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. What is the model number on the sky box?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
amstrad drx780uk

Do you have a dish connected to it?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
it was working on my old tv last night, I have been online and apparently it's an LG glitch, I have tried some suggested resolutions but they do not work for me

That should only be a glitch with a smart model TV with a non smart model it would only be able to interfere if you are connecting the dish directly to the TV instead of the sky box. If you change it to just 28e do you get a no signal error?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
What's 28e?

In auto tune instead of going to 28.2e please go to just 28e or 28.0e and let me know if you get a no signal error. That is what should happen if everything is working properly.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
You can't, you have to choose the sattelite from a menu. On Astra 28.2e it shows an image with signal strength and quality rating, both being 0%

That is odd it should let you go to both. Do you still have the old TV? If you do can you reconnect it and see if the same thing happens? If it does not please give me the model number of your LG.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
It weighs as ton and has been moved upstairs, I can't move it alone. It was watched up until 10pm last night, I only disconnected it this morning. The new TV is LG 49LF51

I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
OK