teccar
teccar, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience in various electronic repairs ,design,installation
39158752

I have panasonic TX-P42UT30B I took it off the wall last

Customer Question

Hi I have panasonic TX-P42UT30B I took it off the wall last night to wallpaper now it will not turn back no power at all no lights nothing I bought a new power cable today but has made no differance any advice would be great.
Category: UK Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  teccar replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first could you please send me a reply when you see this ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi jack
Expert:  teccar replied 1 year ago.

Hello , I believe I know what is happening , I will upload a picture in a minute

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  teccar replied 1 year ago.

Take a look at the link below , that is from your manual and you will see that I pointed to the "mains" power switch , that is different than the standby power and I`m thinking that it may have been pressed while handling the tv ;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rm7qpfxfh80trwj/2015-11-28_1144.png?dl=0

By the way , if that link opens a login window popup then just close it with the upper corner X or the "no thanks . continue to view"
The picture is behind that

Expert:  teccar replied 1 year ago.

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not that jack I use that to turn the tv on and off on a regular basis normally when that is pushed in a get a red standby light but at the moment I get nothing
Expert:  teccar replied 1 year ago.

O.k then in that case if you also did verify that the power cord was plugged in securely at the tv then there could be only one thing and that is a loose /broken connection internally .

By the way , how long was the tv left unplugged ?

Expert:  teccar replied 1 year ago.

Are you up to remove the back cover to take a look ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will undo the screws now it was left unplugged about 20 or so hours
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the back off
Expert:  teccar replied 1 year ago.

o.k then give me a minute

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They both appear to be connected and secure
Expert:  teccar replied 1 year ago.

o.k then check the others but you may also have a broken connection/solder joint and finaly I asked how long the TV's was left unplugged because some components in older models do not like to be left without charge for an extended period and may have given up the ghost when you reconnected the power .

Right now in any case whatever the cause it surely seems to be located on that board

Expert:  teccar replied 1 year ago.

If you cannot find anything suspect on that board part number N0AE6KK00008 then I would suggest taking the board to a repair shop and have them inspect the solder joints and perform some quick test like checking the standby voltage that seem to be missing now , this is usually free of charge and if nothing can be found ,simply replace that board

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I checked the bottom left cable I go a shock off on of the parts parts next to it as stupidly I had it plugged in so there is defiantly voltage there
Expert:  teccar replied 1 year ago.

Yes that's the primary side of the power board and all it tells you is that the power cord is connected , right now you are missing the standby voltage.

The metal heatsinks are at line level so watch your fingers there

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where can I check the standby voltage from
Expert:  teccar replied 1 year ago.

Don`t have much as far as specs goes , only picture but look at the connectors and cables that go to the main board and there might be voltages indicated , look for the 5 and 15 volts

Expert:  teccar replied 1 year ago.

P6 has those voltages

Expert:  teccar replied 1 year ago.

By the way , if you can`t find that standby 5 volts then don`t bother with the other voltages , the power supply is dead and effectively the tv without it